Sometimes Cris or I will say something and the other just.doesn’t.respond. We’re in our own little world and at times it doesn’t even register that our loved one said something!
This recently happened when Cris said something about our dog. He spoke and I … said nothing. I didn’t look up, I didn’t say, “hold on”, and I didn’t even acknowledge his presence.
At that moment, we were disconnected.
Constant disconnection can affect long term relationships in many ways. We can start to feel bored, ignored, and frustrated just by being in the same room as our partner.
And if these little (and often big) disconnections continue, it can lead to the end of a relationship.
Because seriously, what fun is a marriage without connection? We can do better! Listen to this episode to learn three shifts you can make today to bring connection back to your marriage.
If you want help implementing the tools I teach, I would be honored to be your life coach. Working with a coach helps you to create change quicker, easier, and with more fun along the way! Are you ready to create a more Joyful Love in your own Life and Marriage? Then click here to find out more
What You’ll Learn From This Episode
- Why we are so disconnected throughout the day.
- How to make deposits in your relationship so that withdrawals aren’t a big deal!
- What gratitude does to keep you in the present moment
- How to hold space for a stressed-out partner
Mentioned On The Show:
The Gottman Institute: https://www.gottman.com/
If you’d like to ask questions or tell me what you think, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Go here to watch a free class and receive my weekly newsletters. https://www.rachaelcunningham.com/
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcast, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave Joyful Love a review in Apple Podcasts (Click the “Listen In Apple Podcast” button to leave a review!)