This time of year can be pretty special for most of us. It’s a time to be grateful and reflect on the beauty of family. And it can also be challenging. Family get-togethers are not always sunshine and rainbows. In fact, they rarely are!
With so many different opinions and personalities, what should be a time to come together and spread joy, can end in tense arguments across the dinner table, past wounds being re-opened, and difficult conversations that lead nowhere.
So how do we navigate the holidays with in-laws and extended family? How do we have a day of peace and joy without leaving exhausted by our loved ones?
Is it possible to get along with people whom we share family, but don’t have much else in common? Is it possible to enjoy it even?
Good news – Yes it is! And we start with compassion – first for ourselves, and then for our family.
Listen to Episode 26 to prepare yourself for the best Holiday get-together yet!
What You’ll Get From This Episode:
- You can decide on purpose what to think and feel ahead of time.
- How calming your nervous system is the key to better communication.
- Where curiosity leads the way to building connection with your family.
- How being willing to feel your emotions will protect you from anger and resentment
Mentioned On The Show:
- Sign up for the Free Facebook Membership HERE.
- Listen to the episode on Boundaries Here.
- If you’d like to ask questions or tell me what you think, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go here to watch a free class and get on my newsletters. https://www.rachaelcunningham.com/
- Book a free consultation with me HERE.