Disagreements about money put out the spark in many marriages. About one-third of married adults say that money is a big source of conflict in their relationships. From paying bills, trying to balance things fairly (whatever that means), saving, budgeting, and making more money, these problems can be the end of a relationship if not dealt with.
However, money is just like any other issue we disagree about. You have two people, with two human brains. Those brains have unique experiences, stories, and thousands of individual thoughts about money.
Your money story goes back to childhood. And so does your partners. This is exciting news! Because disagreements about money are one more opportunity to dig deep, stay curious, and get to know your partner on a whole new level so you can find common ground once again.
In today’s episode of Joyful Love, I talk to Paige Pritchard, about budgeting, money freedom, marriage disagreements, and more. Paige is a Money Coach and is an expert in budgeting and more importantly teaching us how to change stories we tell ourselves that keep us stuck in a mindset of scarcity.
Join us for Episode 28 to learn how to change what you can about your own money situation, how to communicate with your partner, and how to use money differences as an opportunity to learn more about your partner.
What You’ll Get From This Episode:
- How budgeting can give you and your partner freedom.
- Why most people give up on budgeting so quickly.
- How to disagree with your partner about money.
- How to use money disagreements to grow closer together.
Mentioned On The Show:
- Find Money Coach, Paige Pritchard Here or on Instagram.
- Budgetting System that both Paige and Rachael use: YNAB
- If you’d like to ask questions or tell me what you think, send an email to email@example.com
- Go to https://www.rachaelcunningham.com/ for free classes.
- Book a free consultation and learn more about 1:1 coaching HERE.
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcast, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave Joyful Love a review in Apple Podcasts (Click the “Listen In Apple Podcast” button to leave a review!)